Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Car Update

For the two or three of you out there, haven't seen my Facebook update and might care, we're now the proud owners of a 2009 shiny white Toyota Tacoma.



I really voted for the Camry, but it's not my car and I didn't sweat on a beach to earn the money for the car, so it's not really my call. I'll see if I can get a picture of him in it soon. For now, we're waiting for the Salvation Army to come pick up the Blue Bomber (he got under it this afternoon and found a golf ball sized hole in the engine which would cost $3-5,000 to replace). We'll get a decent tax write off next year and he gets to drive a new car that has a warranty. I'm excited for him. T got a good deal on it and is really happy - once he convinced himself it was ok to spend the money on it. He laughed at me at lunch today when I told him it was ok to enjoy it - he said he'd been telling himself that all morning. He doesn't spend money very much and rarely on himself, if at all, so he's definitely due. I'm excited for him.

2 comments:

~cjoy said...

You can tell him I say he deserves it!

Becky said...

Hooray! Enjoy the car and the lack of car payment.