Thursday, February 19, 2009

Addictions

I'm addicted to Facebook. I love reconnecting with friends and keeping tabs on what everyone's up to. I'll also freely admit there are a few games on there that I love to play. Especially if I'm at work and on hold on the phone. I've created buttons (they're called Flair on the site), adopted a beagle puppy named Copper (from Disney's "The Fox & The Hound") and a black horse named Elphie (from "Wicked"), uploaded photos, done surveys and those random "get to know your friend" kind of email lists, gotten a high score of 203 bowling, and have the 2nd highest score on the IQ test "Who Has the Biggest Brain". It unnerves me that our law clerk from last summer has a higher bowling score (230) and a guy I remember as a class clown (though pretty smart) has a "bigger brain" than I do (my head, I think, is physically larger, so logically I assume my brain is bigger to fill up the othwerwise extra space, but his score is higher, so his is "bigger"). All in all, Facebook is a great way to kill time and avoid working.

So, why am I blogging and not on Facebook? My computer randomly decided this afternoon that we have a new firewall installed and it blocks Facebook. Does it block any other website I use? Nope. Just Facebook. I think this may be God's way of not so subtly redirecting me back to work. But, my computer at home is so slow bowling will be out. I can still feed and play with the puppy, but anything requiring a semi-speedy computer will be out. Plus, now I have to find a way to kill time while on hold or talking to someone who really doesn't require my full attention (ex: the associate down the hall who just likes to talk). I think I'm going to go with withdrawal for a few days.

3 comments:

~cjoy said...

crackbook

enough said

Mary Frances said...

We don't have it at work anymore either :( And my home computer is so slow it's just too frustrating. Luckily, I can still get the basic facebook on the crackberry!!

Dawn's Daily Journal said...

Hi!! I wish I was close enough to come over your way too!!!
hugs girlfriend!
dawn