Thursday, September 25, 2008

Power

We finally have power at the office! Yipee! I never realized that electricity is not a luxury, but an economic necessity until all of this happened. I have enjoyed my small "hurrication", but I am ready to get back to stuff as normal. I've been working out of my boss's office for this week. It hasn't been too bad, but it's been hard to do the administrative stuff. But, we got power back yeasterday afternoon. Today, they are working on the AC and phone lines and we are going to disconnect from the server in a few minutes so our IT guy can move it and reconnect it at the office. We are going in this afternoon with fans to try to get stuff back up and ready for work tomorrow. This has been a very long week (I thought it was Friday this morning) and am so very looking forward to Homecoming next weekend at PC and the wedding of a friend at work. Perhaps this nightmare of recovery is almost over. God has been so very faithful and has continually been poking and whispering that I need to remember that He is in charge.

3 comments:

~cjoy said...

Ha.
I just emailed Little B's teacher and started out, "Happy Friday!". At then end, I said, "Shoot. I just realized it's only Thursday. Have a happy one anyway!
I'm glad things are up and running. And Tim will be home soon. Yay! (you still have his name on your ticker...)

blue hose said...

I know it's still there, but it was too hard to get it on and in the right spot. I'm still learning the whole blog thing... guess I'll take it down after he gets home tomorrow - or do they disappear on their own?

~cjoy said...

Good question. I don't think they go away alone, but then again, I've never had one!