Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Finding Myself

So, I was inspired by a friend to start a blog... the discussion started from a weight loss discussion and ended with starting this blog. In looking for a name, I was thinking about the names other people's blogs... I like "finding myself", but apparently so does someone else because it was already taken... I really like the song by MercyMe (http://www.mercyme.org)/ called "Word of God Speak" it has a line "finding myself in the midst of you, beyond the music, beyond the noise". The whole thing is about finding yourself with God in the middle of all chaos of the world. It's what I know I should be doing yet somehow don't. It's so much easier to get caught up in the chaos of the world, so much easier to be frustrated and annoyed. Sometimes, it's even more fun to be annoyed... not that it makes life any easier, but somehow, sometimes, it makes you feel better. Seems like there is a lot I could be annoyed about - the fact that T is leaving (again) for Navy stuff, the fact that we're not the normal family I dreamed of when I was a kid, the fact our family hasn't grown, the fact I want to lose weight but somehow can't seem to be motivated, or the fact that people in my office annoy the ever living daylights out of me on days like this. Life can be a lot to take in. But, somehow, I'll find myself in the midst of it all...

1 comment:

~cjoy said...

I love you, dear friend, I hope you know that! :) I've wanted you to start a blog for SO long, so I'm glad someone convinced you to do it. I'm pleased beyond words, even if it is by private invite (because at least I got invited). :)

Looking forward to reading this more often than I blog on my own...