Tuesday, August 12, 2008

SWF seeking ...

a husband.... since I'm single again - at least through the end of September (except for the 4 days or so I'll be married at the end of August). At least I'll get to be married again by our anniversary. Getting T out the door on a new set of orders is never easy - emotionally or physically. He's a BIG procrastinator, especially when it comes to leaving home for an extended period of time. I take that as a compliment, but it's also a huge hassle. He didn't want to do anything yesterady after weeding the flower beds in the back yard. I came home and he was in the hammock cooling off after having called complaining of not feeling well. Since it's a 100 degrees most days this time of the year, I'm sure he over did it working in the yard. He really likes yard work and seems to derive some kind of peace I don't understand from getting dirty and making the yard pretty. He's a guy, so I'm sure it has something to do with his "wiring". But, last night, once he was done, he was done!

After supper, I tried to talk him in to doing the things on his to do list that needed to be done before leaving this morning. You know, like laundry and packing. Oh, and he also wanted to clean up the whole house, balance his checkbook, update his corporate expense spreadsheet, call the AC repair guy, finish his corporate tax returns & quarterly reports, and do about a million other things he came up with Sunday as we were leaving Fredericksburg (we managed a small weekend vacation to see the Nimitz Museum before he left). Well, as usual, he got the yard work done. And, as usual, I got the laundry, packing & checkbook balancing done. The rest of it will just have to wait until I have some more time... I was pretty proud of myself for finding all the parts to his uniform and getting stuff put together in between 3 loads of laundry. I'm not really sure how he accomplished all of this for himself and often tease him by asking how he ever managed to survive without me... What was he doing while I did all of this? Sleeping. Yes, sleeping. I had the Olympics on for entertainment, but in between gymnastic rotations, I transferred clothese from the washer to the dryer, from the dryer to the couch for folding and then from the couch to either a dresser drawer or a hang up bag that has seen better days. Then, feeling slightly sentimental (and trying to surpress my annoyance), I found a stationary note card and wrote him a note to hide in his luggage. Who knows if and when he'll find it, but it's there. Then, I crawled into bed about midnight only to be very rudely awakened at 6 when the alarm went off and the bathroom light was turned without the door being closed. At least my sleep schedule will be my own for a few weeks. Maybe single isn't all bad, after all.

1 comment:

~cjoy said...

Silver linings, I tell ya. Silver linings...important things in this life!