Monday, August 18, 2008

New Food Plan

I've been contemplating this new food plan called FirstLine Therapy. It looks similar to the really old Weight Watchers program where they tell you have many servings of each type of food group to eat and there are about 6-8 groups (ex: veggies group 1 and veggies group 2, which I think are greens & starchy ones respectively). The only thing I don't really like is the program tailored for me only allows 1 serving of bread/carbs. I really really like bread & carbs (which is a large part of the large problem around my waist). So, I am working hard to incorporate the other stuff in and gradually cut back on the carbs. Things like choosing a salad over a sub at lunch. I still ate the whole grain chips, but at least it was with a salad. Baby steps, you know? I got back from lunch a friend sent me this photo of food from the Olympics. My friend Dawn just got back from 2 years in Korea where she sampled all kinds of crazy things. I thought she purposefully sought some of them out in her quest to conquer Korea. Turns out, most of the stuff she sampled was fairly normal. Especially compared to this:



Not your typical Chinese food, huh? Yes - those are roaches, scorpions and other things you should not eat unless you are all alone on a deserted island with nothing but sand and sea water! Made me really happy to not be trying a new eating plan in China. Of course, the Chinese people appear to be fairly healthy as a whole, so maybe it's an idea. Then again, maybe a last (and I do mean last) resort option. Somehow, I think I'd rather be overweight and struggling than thin if this is what I have to eat to get there!

1 comment:

~cjoy said...

Remember, even if you are overweight and struggling versus thin and eating bugs, you are a beautiful person. Not to be vain, just trying to point out the positive. =D

I think you totally should go public!!!